Saturday, October 8, 2011

Adventures in Cooking and Baking!

A weekend without any traveling forced me to find new things to do to occupy my time. Anyone who knows me is well aware that I am not much of a cook (I would much prefer to get fast food or microwave something before actually cooking... a habit I NEED to break). Friday night my mom whipped up some potato skins for the fam to enjoy while watching the Fresno State blowout game. The sight of the bacon cooking reminded me of the DELICIOUS bacon-wrapped hot dogs sold outside the Rosebowl at UCLA games. That was all the inspiration I needed to attempt to create my own. The product was delish but there could have been a few improvements; such as two pieces of bacon per one hot dog (the bacon shrinks as it cooks... in hindsight I should have realized that), and toothpicks to hold the bacon in place as it cooks. But overall it was a successful experiment in my opinion. Pictures!

1. Potatoe skins (pre cheese and cooking) 2. bacon-wrapped hot dog frying just like bacon 3. end result + relish, onions, mustard and a blue moon. YUM

I also decided to test out one of the recipes from a blog I've been following for awhile Gina's Skinny Recipe's.  I picked an autumn appropriate PUMPKIN BREAD recipe! This bread was incredibly easy to make (and if I'm saying that that def means something!). The end result was (one sec while I go find some good synonyms for delicious... oh here's a good one...) SCRUMPTIOUS!  I brought the remainders to work today and it was gone by lunchtime. So here are a few pics of my baking experience (since we all know I hate posts without pictures)...

(from top left to bottom right) 1. all my tools/ingredients 2.everything mixed together and ready to go in the oven
 3. baking! 4. all done and delicious! (and yes I'm wearing my jersey, it was Saturday... GO BRUINS! always)

On another note, a successful first month of (actually sticking to) blogging has got me thinking about upping the number of posts per week, but I don't want to get an crazy ideas or make promises I won't keep. That being said, stay tuned, we will just have to wait and see... Have a wonderful rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to try this recipe! And the bacon wrapped hot dogs... serious nom :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!