Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tostadas

Hi Friends!

I believe I've shared before that I am far from being America's next Top Chef, however when I have time I do enjoy experimenting with new, easy recipes. Thanks to Pinterest, this past weekend I tried out a recipe I found via a Six Sister's post (from over two years ago!). The post itself- 100 Healthy Dinner Recipes- is awesome and totally worth checking out.

Today I'm linking up with Mary at Eat Drink and Be Mary, Full Time Mama, and Coping With Frugality for their Delicious Dish Tuesday to share the delicious dish I made over the weekend.

I chose to make the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tostada via Two Peas and Their Pod. I didn't take any pictures of mine- so their picture will have to suffice. Regardless of my blogger fail in picture taking, this recipe was a total win in my book.

I generally hate eating leftovers, but I ate all of this up over the course of a couple days. Sweet potato is one of my favorite things and it was nice to learn that roasting sweet potato is just as easy as roasting any other veggie (roasted asparagus and broccoli are two of my favorites). Throw in avocado (which is one of my other favorite foods) and I was sold.

If you are looking for a super easy, vegetarian meal to make this week- I suggest you give this recipe a try.
Photo Credit

Ingredients:

2 large sweet potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut into small cubes
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 tortillas
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 avocado, diced
1 lime, cut into wedges
Shredded cheese (optional)
Salsa or hot sauce (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sweet potato cubes on a large baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft and tender. Stir a couple of times while they are roasting.

2. Place tortillas on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place under a hot broiler for about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and turn over tortillas. Place tortillas back under the broiler for another two minutes.

3. Heat black beans over the stove or in the microwave. Top tortillas with beans, sweet potatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and any other toppings you desire. Serve warm.

That's it! Super easy and very yummy!

Eat Drink & Be Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!