Wednesday, May 6, 2015

We Are Engaged!

I guess it was appropriate that I put that "Why We Work" post up on Friday... because on Friday evening A asked me to to spend the rest of my life with him.

The whole evening was absolutely perfect. We walked to our favorite park in Columbus, sat on the bench where we said our first "I love you's", and spent a while just talking, cuddling, and people watching. Finally, he turned the conversation back to us (instead of the strange man laying on the ground taking pictures of flowers on the pond) said some incredibly sweet things that I only kind of remember, and asked me if I would marry him. Of course, I said yes.

Those first two pics were taken the night it actually happened. The rest of these were taken a couple days later when we realized we should probably take a few more (obviously we are selfie pros).

The whole weekend was an awesome combination of time for us alone together and time with friends. We spent Friday after the proposal calling/texting friends and family and later ate dinner at one of our favorite bars in Columbus. Saturday we got massages in the morning, had lunch with two of my girlfriends and their husbands, spent the afternoon being lazy together, and went out to a fantastic dinner at one of our favorite fancy restaurants in town. Sunday we got brunch with one of A's college buddies then went back to the park to enjoy the gorgeous day and snap a few more pictures.


It was a perfect weekend; without a doubt it was a weekend I will never forget. Ever since I've been home I can't shake the fantastic feeling that I get to marry my best friend, my love, my crazy partner in crime. I will likely do another post soon to answer what I'm sure are some of your burning questions (i.e. "But Ashley, don't you two still live in different cities? Yes. Yes we do.)

For now I'll leave you with my favorite picture from the weekend. I call this his "She said YESSS" face, and I think it is perfect.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!