Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Watch Too Much YouTube

It's official... I'm obsessed. I don't care so much for the viral videos of people injuring themselves, or cats playing pianos (although the whistling puppy is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen).
On the contrary, I am one of the only people I know that legitimately subscribes to vloggers (video bloggers for my less internet savvy friends). Phillip DeFranco, Toby Turner, Tyler Oakley, Dan Brown, iJustine, and Catrific are just some of the names of vloggers that I watch constantly. I check YouTube for new updates from these people almost as often as I check facebook. I am fascinated by the fact that many of them are making a career out of making (sometimes incredibly simple) videos about their life. I wonder how they got in to it, what made them gain such huge followings, and how the heck the are lucky enough to get such a cool "job".
My attempts to get friends to understand and enjoy these videos with me has never been particularly successful. And yet, there is a massive community of people out there that watch these people talk about random stuff on a regular basis. Here's an example of a typical Toby Turner vlog, he just happens to be my most recent favorite. Enjoy. Bless your face (if you don't get that watch the video).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!