Thursday, November 20, 2014

Influenster #ModaVoxBox

I might be brand new to the Influenster world, but this organization certainly isn't anything new. I've seen other friends post about products that they've received from Influenster, so I thought- why not join the fun?!

These products were free from Influenster and all opinions are mine.

Not too long ago, I received my first FREE box of products to test out. Included in this #ModaVoxBox was:

- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara
- Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick
- Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lip Liner
- Puffs Softpack
- Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask
- Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa
- Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer
- Resource Spring Water

First up the Rimmel products:

The Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara is really interesting. The brush is large and curved. Personally, I can see how the design is supposed to allow the mascara to create an additional curve for your lashes, but for me it's just a little bit awkward. I found it great for lengthening but not as good as my other everyday mascaras for helping my lashes hold their curve. Overall I personally would not go purchase this mascara.

The Moisture Renew Lip Products are a different story. I loved the transparent lip liner- it creates a great moisture-filled base for any product. While I would not have selected this nude color for myself, it was certainly fun to try out. I used these products on a relatively calm Saturday when all I planned to do was catch up on blogs and run a few errands so I paired the nude lips with a relatively natural makeup look. Because WINTER decided to set in in Dallas this last week the moisturizing aspects of these lip products in awesome. My poor lips were in need of a product that would treat them well throughout the day- not dry them out and these Rimmel Moisture Renew products did just that. I would love to try out a more pigmented version of the lipstick to really see how the color last is throughout the day.
Overall, I was happy with the way these products fit in to my lazy day, Saturday, makeup routine.

Now for the other stuff:


My first impression of the Puffs Softpack was that is was a little strange- not something I would want to leave out on a table or anything. But then I realized this is PERFECT for the glove compartment in my car. Usually I just have random napkins in there for the times when I need a tissue in the car. Now I have this super convenient soft pack of tissues from Puffs!

The Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask is a brand new product from a brand new brand! I tested it out recently in place of my everyday conditioner. It has a nice thick formula to coat your strands and help lock in the moisture. I didn't love the smell- but it wasn't anything offensive so that won't stop me from using the product. I plan to work this hair mask in once a week to help my hair hold its hydration throughout these dry winter months.

Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa- haven't gotten to test this out yet. I don't make a habit of keeping milk in my house because it ALWAYS goes bad. I did think about adding this to my coffee... but I wasn't sure if that would work in the way I wanted it to.

I was very excited about the Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer. Again WINTER IS COMING so I am always in need of a great moisturizing lotion. I've been using this on one of my driest areas- my elbows and the back of my upper arms. I have no idea why but my skin in constantly dry in those spots. After only a few days of using the Jergens Ultra Healing I definitely noticed a difference in how my skin was looking and feeling.

The Resource Spring Water was an odd item to come in a free tester box- Honestly in my opinion water is water, most of the time. And this fell in to that category. It was nice, yummy, refreshing water. I also really enjoyed the packaging- not too flimsy like many water bottles that are using recycled plastic these days.

Whew! That was a lot to talk about... Hopefully you guys stuck with me through all that. If you did, let me know what products from the #ModaVoxBox look most interesting to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!