Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shut Up and Dance With Me

Like many of you, I am a huge music fan. A song has the power to change my whole mood. Any time I need a little boost in the middle of my work day I will throw my head phones in, open up spotify, and crank up the tunes.

But...other than T Swift's new album- can we all please acknowledge how amazing Blank Space is?!- I have been in a tiny bit of a rut... listening to the same stuff over and over and over lately.

So last week I clicked on a random playlist on Spotify (Workday Pop) and let it go. A few songs in Walk The Moon's- Shut Up and Dance came on and before I realized it I was bobbing my head, tapping my foot, and having to legitimately stop myself from dancing in my chair (remember... I'm in my office at work).



This is just an all-around feel good song. I can't help but want to dance when I hear the beat. It reminds me a bit of the pop-punk scene I loved when I was a teenager. You know... All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Cute Is What We Aim For, The Maine... oh man #tbt. I haven't thought about some of those bands in FOREVER.

Link up with Helene for Song of the Week Wednesday and tell us...

What songs are making you (want to) dance in your office at work?
Helene in Between Song of the Week Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. hell yes, love this song! this video is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song! It's been on my Spotify ever since it came out. Good pick, good pick. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!