Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Half The Reason To Watch The Big Game

I had a fabulous time watching the Super Bowl at my sorority house with some of my favorite girls (and I was so glad that the Giants won)! Our afternoon was filled with lots of food, football, and fun.

Honestly, only in a sorority house could you be having a conversation about the latest issue of Cosmo, while watching football, pigging out on chips and homemade guacamole, and drinking a diet coke. That is exactly how our afternoon went down.
But we all know that we watch the game for more than just those boys in uniform... We also love the commercials! A lot of people are complaining that this was an off year for commercials... But I think there was still some good stuff out there.

This year, I enjoyed analyzing them with my future marketing guru/friend Katie, who looked at each commercial with a critical eye. It was really fun to hear her opinions, follow the tweets to see the publics responses, and of course get the reactions from everybody in the room.

Here are a couple of my favorites!

As far as funny commercials go, I think "Wego" the dog was my favorite. I died laughing when he rolled the entire keg in.

On the serious commercial side, I was a HUGE fan of the Chrysler "Imported From Detroit" ad with Eminem last year (it actually gave me the topic for my final paper in an Urban Planning class I took last year) and I think Chrysler had another great ad with this years "Its Halftime in America". Plus who doesn't love Clint Eastwood?!

Which commercials did you like best??

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! I was pretty disappointed by the commercials this year but my favorites were the M&M commercial and obviously David Beckham for H&M. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved, LOVED the "Halftime in America" one!! And to answer your question from my blog, Karma is a club the Jersey Shore cast goes to haha! I should be embarrassed of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of jealous! I miss the HOP! Glad you had a fun Super Bowl :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!