Friday, February 24, 2012

Remembering UCLA Traditions

I really enjoyed linking up with Miss Shannon Page last week for Fun Photo Fridays, so guess what- I'm doing it again! But seriously, these are some of my favorite posts to write. I like to share fun little snippets of my life with you guys, and what better way to do that then sharing the stories behind some of my favorite photos?! 


This photo was taken just this past June, right after myself and some of my fellow ADPi seniors finished the last finals of our undergraduate career.

UCLA has a tradition in which you are "initiated" as a Bruin by touching the water in this fountain during your Freshman Orientation. Then, you must not touch the water again until you have completed your final classes at UCLA. Those who touch the water prior to completing their degree are said to add more quarters on to their time as a student.
The only other time I've ever touched the water- Freshman Orientation
Obviously, this is just a silly story. But it made this fountain special, and made going in to it as graduating seniors SO MUCH FUN! We went all out too. We got in our swimsuits, busted out the champagne and got all the way in the fountain; all of this happened while other students walked by heading to the finals they still had to take =)

Anyway, that's all from me for today. As for you, I think you should head over to Shannon's page and link up, I would love to see which photo's you all choose to jump back in to!

Page: Twenty-Two
Have a fabulous weekend loves!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun tradition!!! Love the swimsuit and champagne idea! Go big or go home, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tradition is AWESOME! What a great idea - must have been so amazing to get in that fountain and celebrate when you were all done - Love this story and the photos:) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been way to tempted to put my hand in the water way before I graduated. :)

    Love the pictures!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a pic of yourself from freshman year... priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!