Monday, January 9, 2012

#40ThingsAboutMe Part I

While perusing others blogs and attempting to find some inspiration for this upcoming week, I came across Ashleigh of Waking Up In Vegas' "40 Things About Me" post. I thought it might be fun to steal borrow her idea for a couple of posts this week. In the interest of keeping things shorter (let's be real we all know I can ramble with the best of them) I am going to split this up over three posts (today, Wed, and Fri). I have been wanting to do a sort of random facts/get to know me type of thing for awhile so now is as good of a time as ever, right?

1. I am from Fresno, CA and I have no problem with it. Lots of people like to hate on Fresno but I think it was a great place to grow up- Granted that doesn't mean I want to live here right now…



2. Along those same lines… I am strongly drawn to live in another state. Whether that be in the midwest, east coast, or south, I am trying hard to find a school/job in another state so that I can experience an entirely new part of the country. I have a serious case of wanderlust.





3. I honestly enjoy spending time alone. I have grown in to a very independent person and I like it that way. Only a few of my friends really understand me when I saw I know I would be perfectly happy living alone. Most follow that statement with, "but wouldn't you get lonely?"



4. This past June I graduated from UCLA. The opportunity to study at such a wonderful school was more than I could have hoped for- seriously, as a high school senior I almost didn't apply because I didn't think I would get in.





5. I LOVED UCLA but I do not like LA. Upon graduating I was more than ready to leave southern california, for somewhere different. Obviously, I miss my friends and the beautiful weather though.

6.I don't like cheese. But I will eat pizza, cheeseburgers, and various other things that may include cheese… It's weird, I know.



7. I can spend hours watching vloggers on YouTube. I think being a popular YouTube vlogger would be the best job EVER. Here's a video of two of my favorite vloggers (they are dating, it's adorable). This actually isn't a vlog, but I just think they are adorable so I'm sharing it with y'all anyway.




8. As a kid I played the piano and the viola, I wish I had continued playing those instruments in to my older years. As such, my future children will most definitely be enrolled in some sort of music lessons.


9. Growing up, I was painfully shy. While I believe I have made massive strides to overcome that, I occasionally find myself slipping back in to my shy ways sometimes when I am out of my comfort zone.


10. As an undergrad I was an active member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority. Joining and participating in this organization made a huge impact on my life. I served as Executive Vice President in 2009 and President in 2010.


AX Chapter Seniors 2011
11. My dream job after college was to be an Alpha Delta Pi leadership consultant. I made it to the final round of interviews but ultimately was not chosen to serve as a consultant. Sadly, I think that I allowed that to derail my future plans a bit, but I am working hard now to find my way.


12. I am incapable of picking favorites, mainly because my favorite song/movie/color etc change on a day to day basis based on my mood.


13. I used to really care what other people thought of me, but like my shyness, I have made significant strides to overcome that. Now, if you don't like me… Your loss =)


14. Sometimes my car is the only place I feel completely in control of my life. It is a place of solace for me. I love long drives with only the road and my music to keep me company.


Me and my car (her name is Layla) on the day I got her back in 2009
15. I am a dreamer and an over-analyzer. The two together mean my brain is going all the time.
Come back Wednesday to see Part II and Friday to see Part III! In the mean time comment/follow/tweet/steal this idea and do it on your blog! <3

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with #5. But I still cannot understand how you don't like cheese lol. Cant wait for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with #5 too! love the school...but sometimes I wish I liked LA more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! thanks for the blog comment, very sweet of you! I totally know what you mean about LA...I did it for two years and was soooo ready to get the eff outta there, and i don't miss it at all! Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I'm following back, looking forward to getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!