Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Music Wednesday: Distractions

The man with the beautifully deep voice, Mr. Josh Turner, released a new album yesterday, 
which you can stream on Spotify here. "Pallbearer" stood out to me as an early favorite, although it's a little on the sad side. But I didn't like the album enough to devote a whole post to it.


In fact, I had some trouble finding something to put in this weeks post. Nothing I've been listening to lately really jumped out at me. Therefore, I went on a search for something new (or at least new to me).
I explored Spotify for quite some time, and I came across lots of good stuff but nothing good enough... Maybe I was just in a picky mood.


In my infinite wisdom I decided to ask my brother what I should listen to... Huge mistake.
He decided to take that as an opportunity to annoy me with some of the worst songs of the past ten years. This included Soulja Boy's "Yahhhh!/Report Card". Terrible.


Unfortunately that journey took me to YouTube, and Soulja Boy reminded me of TRL...
So then I started watching old TRL clips...
and other odd MTV moments...
specifically old VMA performances...
which got me on a random Eminem tangent...
and then on to some Britney Spears...


Essentially I got really distracted.
The internet can do that to you sometimes.


And now I am left with nothing new/interesting to share with you today.


Here's a song I've been listening to a bunch lately... Kris Allen's "Loves Me Not"


Sorry this post is so random!
It happens =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!