Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MusicWednesday: California 37

I don't know HOW I missed the release of Train's California 37 back in April but
I just noticed it was out,
downloaded it,
listened to it all the way through,
and LOVED it!
via

I'm not particularly surprised by how much I enjoyed this album though.
I liked "Drive By" enough to mention it here in another MusicWednesday post back in February.

After some rough times in the mid 2000s, these guys have been on a roll since the release of "Hey Soul Sister" in 2009. And lets be real, I definitely could be found rocking out to some of their 90's stuff when I was younger. "Meet Virginia" was a particular favorite. 

I love that they've infused so much California in to this album (as they began to on the last album, Save Me San Francisco). As a Cali girl, their sound is captivating and it's so much fun to hear them mention places I know in their lyrics.

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite song- I like them all THAT much- but if
I had to maybe it would be
"Bruises ft Ashley Monroe"
"50 Ways To Say Goodbye"
&
"This'll Be My Year"
Ok, I realize that wasn't picking a favorite, but I can't do it!
The album is just too dang good!
If you haven't heard it yet, I certainly recommend that you check it out!

Listen to "Bruises ft Ashley Monroe" below.

P.S. How many times did I say "love" in this post... do you believe me yet?

P.P.S. I recently created a MusicWednesday page up there next to my "About Me" tab so you can go back and check out previous music posts, if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!