Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Last 24 Hours In The City By The Bay

Last week I took a spur of the moment trip up to San Francisco to spend a little bit of time with three of my best girlfriends. 
Bethany has been up in the bay for over a year now, Jo was just there for a summer internship, and Jamee is there for a few weeks of training for her new job.
Jo's coworkers were going to Nightlife at the CA Academy of Sciences to celebrate Jo's last week on the job before she takes off to Europe for three weeks and we decided to tag along.

We started the night off at The Mucky Duck which is probably the cutest name for a bar ever, and while Jo and I waited for the rest of our crew to get there we chatted with one of the bar's regulars. 

A few drinks later we made the short walk to the museum where we immediately beeline-ed to the aquarium. Lots of fishies, seahorses, and an albino alligator later we moved on to the living roof. I wish we had gotten to see more of the exhibits, but there was a lot of catching up to do and we spent more of our evening standing around and chatting than really looking around the museum.
 fishies!
Still, it was a fabulous night- that ended with beer battered tempura fries... SO DELICIOUS.

I love San Francisco and the entire bay area and I am sure that if I come back to California after graduate school I will find a way to live and work up there in NorCal.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun girls weekend! I can't believe you'll be in OH in a few weeks! That is crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!