Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MusicWednesday: The Lumineers

I often find myself sitting in front of the TV with nothing I really care to watch. When that happens I will turn the channel to one of the two channels on my TV that constantly play country music videos.

Recently, after doing exactly that I was introduced to "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers. I was intrigued enough by this song to head over to spotify and check out the rest of their album. I enjoyed the album. They are a bit Americana/folksy sounding, a la Mumford And Sons or The Avett Brothers (yes I know that Mumford and Sons are not American and I am therefore relating them to The Lumineers folk sound). This is super random, but if you liked Paul McDonald from American Idol a couple seasons back... You will probably like The Lumineers.
Sidenote- I met Paul (and some other guys from that season of Idol) and he sang for me and my two friends... That guy had one of the most unique voices I have ever heard. It was amazing.

"Classy Girls" is probably my favorite song on the album. I also enjoy "Stubborn Love" and "Big Parade" but the whole album is definitely worth a listen!

P.S. If you don't remember Paul McDonald here is a reminder. He and his wife, Nikki Reed, did a song together "Now That I've Found You". It's not my favorite thing I've ever heard him do (and I still think it's really weird that he married Nikki Reed so quickly!) but you can definitely still hear his unique voice in it.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we just need a break from blog land, totally normal :)! Love the pic.... looks sunny where you are!


    So my GFC has been acting odd, but it let me follow you through my twitter! Who knew you could that?! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!