Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Music Wednesday: YouTube Edition

It's been a little while since I've talked about my love of YouTube so today for my MusicWednesday post I thought I would introduce y'all to a few of my favorite YouTube musicians.

First up:
About a year ago, I found Alex through another YouTuber I watch and I fell in love with his cover of "Lighters" then proceeded to watch a bunch of his other videos. This summer he released (what I believe is) his first full length non-cover album. The song above, "We Could Love", is a part of this album as is my all time favorite song by Alex, "Pretty Eyes". 

Next:
I've been watching Luke quite some time now, he is one of the first YouTube musicians I got in to. This guy has been on YouTube for awhile as a member of multiple bands (including a Harry Potter Band, Ministry of Magic), but it is his solo music that I like best. His style is electronic pop, and always a lot of fun. If you want to see a really funny song if his check out, "Talk Nerdy". He also has the most adorable girlfriend, Ingrid aka Miss Glamorazzi on YouTube.

And finally:
Landon is adorable (as anyone named Landon should be!) and his music is just my style; singer/songwriter with just a little bit of a country edge in his voice. His cover of "Sparks Fly" is one of my all time favorites, but "Sparks Fly" is also one of my all time favorite T-Swift songs. He posts covers often though his original music is- sadly- much more sparse. I love love love some of the songs he has chosen to cover over that past few months Matt Nathanson's "Wedding Dress", Ed Sheeran's "A Team", and Maroon 5's "Payphone" just to name a few.

All three of these guys work together and are friends which I find totally awesome (although I realize that means I'm not giving you a terribly diverse group of artists here...). 

So... do you guys watch YouTube as much as I do? Do you have any favorites??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!